17920 Huffmeister Rd # 210, Cypress, TX 77429 | Phone: 281-256-0606
The Gonstead Difference in Chiropractic
Gonstead the "Prefered Chiropractic Technique"
Dr. Clarence S. Gonstead (1898-1978) was the "Miracle Man" of Chiropractic. His technique became the Gold Standard for the entire profession. With a background in mechanical engineering, he saw the human spine as an intricate engineering wonder and he studied it every chance he had. His work with thousands of spinal cases, his constant clinical studies of the spine, and his own innate knowledge of how the spine works, explains his ingenuity in finding, identifying and correcting subluxations no one else could.
The Gonstead system gives rise to a specific, definite approach, to every segment of the spinal column. The detailed analysis includes instrumentation, digital palpation, motion palpation, visualization, x-ray followed by adjusting the articulations of the spine by hand only!
The five different protocols to evaluate each patient are:
1. Observation – Simply watching the patient to see how he/she is moving or “favoring” certain parts of the body while walking, sitting or going from one to the other.
2. Thermography/instrumentation – An instrument used to detect heat imbalances in the spine indicating nerve irritation.
3. Static/digital palpation – Feeling for areas of swelling near certain vertebrae or changes of muscle tone associated with these vertebrae while the patient is stationary.
4. Motion palpation – Feeling with the patient slightly moving in various directions how vertebrae or other bones in the body are articulating with one another.
5. X-Ray – 2 full spine x-rays (front view and side view) are taken of every patient (unless pregnant) to get a complete picture of the spine. Then a structural analysis of the films is performed.
Once these examinations are complete, all of the data are compiled and a determination is made of exactly where the problem is and exactly how to correct it. The Gonstead technique is all about conservative treatment through specific evaluation and precise corrections. Patients are briefly checked every visit to determine if the same corrections are necessary or if changes in the treatment plan are needed. The specificity of this technique reduces patient visits rather quickly, and the traditional therapies are usually not needed. This procedure also substantially reduces the actual time of the patient visit.
I have worked on many patients who have already had spinal surgeries. Since my spinal corrections are very specific with almost NO rotation, corrections in these areas are usually possible.
Many corrections can be made in the extremities (anything other than the spine). I have been able to eliminate the need for surgery in many feet, ankles, knees, shoulders, elbows, wrists (including carpal tunnel), etc. There are even corrections that can be made in the TMJ.
We accept most insurances and consultations are free . I love to educate my patients about why and how I address their problems and don’t engage in high pressure sales. Stop by the clinic to meet us or call for a complementary consultation: 281-256-0606.
Walter J. Hickman, BS, DC
If you are in pain or discomfort, please contact our office today:
Gonstead Chiropractic Treatment now available in Cypress Tx.
Copyright © 2013 WebTrailblazers LLC, Scottsdale, Arizona - 800-354-4104